- What should I do if I'm concerned about whether or not I can use the Disability Access Service?
- I will be visiting with a disabled person. What services do you provide?
- [Attractions] What does it mean to be able to “maintain a stable posture”?
- [Disability Access Service] How can I use this service?
- It would be difficult for me to wait in line for a long time before experiencing an attraction or Disney Character Greeting. Are there any services that I can use?
- [Disability Access Service] Do all members of the party need to show their Park tickets when arranging to use the service at an attraction (setting the time of use) and when boarding/entering the attraction?
- Are there any attractions that expectant mothers or persons of advanced age should refrain from experiencing?
- [Disability Access Service] Registration is conducted using the Park ticket that was used to enter a Park, so the procedure must be conducted inside the Parks. Please ask at the attraction or Disney Character Greeting location that you visit first.
- [Separate Wait Service]If there is only one accompanying person, and the service user requires assistance, does the accompanying person still have to wait in line?
- [Separate Wait Service] I will visit the Parks on two consecutive days. Can you make the registration valid for two days?